Cherchez-vous neuro rehab for your loved one? Individuals with neuro disorders or other neuro conditions need top-quality care to improve their conditions effectively.
At Lusio Rehab, we understand the special need for at-home care for individuals recovering from neuro conditions such as neurological disorders, Parkinson's, stroke, spinal injuries and more. LusioMATE offers a physical therapy suite that can be used at your home, a clinic, a care facility or anywhere.
In this blog, we will take you through the concept of neuro rehab in a comprehensive way. Let us begin!
Qu’est ce que neurorééducation?
The first thing you need to know is what neuro rehab is. Neuro rehab is a program designed specifically for individuals with neurological disorders, diseases, spinal cord injury, and other issues affecting their neuro system.
This program can help them improve their neuro system by reducing the symptoms and improving the individual's overall well-being.
Patients can also opt for neurorehabilitation at home if they choose not to live in a rehab facility. The at-home option, too, has various benefits for the patients.
Who can benefit from neuro rehab?
Comme mentionné ci-dessus, advanced neuro rehab is beneficial for a lot of people, including the following:
- Individuals with vascular disorders such as haemorrhagic strokes and ischemic strokes, transient ischemic attacks and subdural hematoma
- Individuals with trauma caused by a brain or spinal cord injury
- Individuals with functional disorders like dizziness, headaches, neuralgia, seizure disorders and such
- Individuals with infections like brain abscesses, polio, meningitis, encephalitis and such
- Individuals with degenerative disorders like multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s chorea and such
- Individuals with neuromuscular disorders like brain and spinal cord tumours, Bell palsy, peripheral neuropathy, cervical spondylosis, muscular dystrophy, Guillain-Barré syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, myasthenia gravis and such
What does neuro rehab include?
A neuro rehab covers many aspects designed to help the patient get better with care and time. Following are some of the main tasks a neuro rehab performs for its patients:
- Assisting in performing regular chores such as bathing, toileting, eating and more
- Retraining for bladder and bowel control
- Counselling on nutrition
- Education and counselling
- Retraining for social and behavioural skills
- Managing stress and anxiety and controlling depression
- Apporter un soutien émotionnel
- Gérer la douleur
- Participating patients in support groups
- Therapy to regain the ability to speak, write, read and swallow
- Programs to increase mobility, exercise fine and gross motor skills, find balance and such
- Vocational counselling
- Encouraging patients to reach their movement goals
- Taking care of their safety with home care requirements
- Aiding in acquiring assistive machines, devices and technology to reduce dependence on others
- Programs to enhance and regain cognitive skills
Zones de neurorééducation
Maintenant, advanced neuro rehab includes various grounds of practice where the patients are given therapy for the required area. For example, if the patient has lost the ability to speak or swallow, they will be offered speech therapy, but if they are able to perform this function, there is no need for the therapy. The following are the main areas of neuro rehab:
As the name suggests, this therapy is related to the patient's physical well-being. It is aimed at improving the movements [mobility] of the patient. A physiotherapist will guide the patient through exercises and medication to help them regain their movements.
LusioMATE can help the patient complete their movement goals for neuro rehab at home in a much more entertaining way as compared to the same old boring exercises.
This therapy includes training the patients with the right tactics to improve their functionality and reduce dependency on others for day-to-day chores such as eating, bathing, toileting, dressing, etc. The main aim of this therapy is to make the patient independent in performing regular tasks.
As the name suggests, this therapy programme includes teaching the patient to speak and think clearly. This therapy is more common with individuals who have recently had a stroke or a brain or spinal injury.
Apart from this, this therapy also includes working on a patient’s throat muscles to help them in swallowing and eating without much difficulty.
Also known as cognitive therapy, this therapy focuses on a patient's cognitive and behavioural skills. This therapy also helps the patient come to terms with their condition and look at it from a different perspective. Not only that, stress management techniques and other such treatments are also a part of this therapy.
Bénéfices de neurorehabilitation at home
Although the statistics of adherence rates of at-home rehab are as low as 15 to 50 per cent, these results can be improved by implementing advanced technology like ourLuisoMATE into the therapy sessions.
Following are some of the major benefits of at-home neuro rehabilitation:
- Much more convenient than other types of rehab
- Complete rehab at your home
- Get personalised care
- A faster way to recovery
- Familial support
- Efficient pain control
- Helps the patient adapt to assistive technology and devices faster
- Recovery at your own pace
With these benefits, many people have started opting for at-home neuro rehab.
That was a comprehensive guide to neuro rehab along with what it includes, areas of practice and benefits of neuro rehab at home.
If you are interested in going for at-home rehab, the best way to go about it is with Lusio Rehab’s LusioMATE. LusioMATE is a technology integrated with an app where you can choose fun and engaging games to play with wearable Bluetooth sensors that can attach to various parts of your body. This is a much more interactive way for physical therapy as compared to traditional boring exercises.